This golden turmeric hummus is an straightforward vegan and gluten-free of charge dip that is built with just 8 ingredients. Wonderful as a snack and completely ready in 10 minutes!
All through my lunch split from jury responsibility numerous months back, I last but not least built it over to Mom, a vegetarian restaurant in Downtown Sacramento. I purchased their turmeric hummus, which arrived with a pretty facet of maneesh (a Middle Jap flatbread that is topped with a ton of dried spices). The hummus had a mesmerizing golden hue, and I assumed it would be a fantastic snack dish to make for functions!
In my version of turmeric hummus, I’m utilizing three/4 teaspoon of turmeric to flavor the dip. If turmeric is tough for you to uncover, you can substitute it with a yellow curry powder.
MASTERING MY Faults / COOKING NOTES
- Using reserved liquid from the chickpeas: When I make hummus with canned chickpeas, I constantly use the liquid from the can due to the fact it typically contains a bit of salt. I just drain the chickpeas straight into a bowl so that it will catch the liquid. If you forget about to preserve the liquid, really don’t fear. Water performs, also.
Golden Turmeric Hummus
If you really don’t have turmeric or nutmeg on hand, you can use three/4 teaspoon of curry powder as an alternative. This hummus develops even far more flavor the up coming working day!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Overall Time: 10 minutes
- Produce: Serves 8 to 10
- fifteen.five ounce (440g) can of chickpeas, drained with liquid reserved*
- three tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reserved liquid from chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- three/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon floor turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 huge clove of garlic
- Incorporate all the ingredients to a foods processor and blend right until sleek. You may possibly want to scrape down the sides of the bowl to blend individuals several pesky chickpeas that get caught to the sides. If you want a lighter hummus, incorporate yet another tablespoon or two of reserved liquid from the chickpeas.
- Provide with your favorite greens and crackers!
Diet Data: Amount for 1/10 of Recipe: Calories: 84, Overall Excess fat five.five g, Saturated Excess fat: 1g, Sodium: 147.5mg, Cholesterol: 0mg, Overall Carbohydrate: 7g, Nutritional Fiber: 1.4g, Sugar: 1.2g, Protein 2.4g
*A can of chickpeas is about 1 1/2 to 1 2/three cups of cooked chickpeas.