With sunny days here and beach season on the horizon, it’s a perfect time to get outside, have fun with family and friends, and feel good in your body. Nourishing meals full of fresh produce, lean protein, and whole grains will help you reach your goals – whether you’re looking to lose some weight or just have more energy. This Summer Slim Down Challenge includes a free meal plan, cookbook, and printable shopping lists for 14 Days of Healthy Dinner Recipes! It’s a simple and delicious way to get the season started on the right track!
So many of you struggle to prepare healthy, quick dinners – especially on busy weeknights when you don’t have time to cook. Meal planning is tedious, you can’t make it to the grocery store multiple times per week, and you have no idea where to start. You’re stuck in a rut, bored with your current choices, and ready for a change!
This Summer Slim Down Challenge is not a “diet” to follow. I’m not a nutritionist or a Registered Dietitian, and I don’t believe that we need to diet to be healthy, confident, and fit. Food is fuel for our bodies, but it should also be enjoyed and celebrated! This compilation of 14 Healthy Dinner Recipes is designed to nourish your body, help you feel good in your own skin, and get you excited about trying new options. It includes great variety — from chicken, beef, pork, and seafood, to vegetarian options, pasta dishes, and more — so that there’s something for everyone to love!
While I did not prepare a meal plan for any specific dietary concerns (for instance, this is not a “vegetarian,” “low-carb,” or “Paleo” plan), I looked for recipes that:
In the end, you need to do what works best for your body and feel free to make substitutes and changes when necessary!
You will notice that I included a different meal for every night. In reality, that’s a lot of cooking! If you don’t want to make a new dinner each day, that’s fine – just pick a few that look good and aim for trying 2 or 3 new choices each week.
Here’s a glimpse at the easy, quick-prep meal plan:
WEEK 1 HEALTHY DINNER RECIPES
1. Dump-and-Bake Chicken Caprese Pasta Served with a Side Salad
2. Sheet Pan Maple-Glazed Salmon with Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli
3. Quick and Easy Vegetable Lo Mein (add cooked diced chicken or shrimp, if desired)
4. Grilled Chicken, Nectarine and Walnut Salad Served with Whole Grain Bread or Dinner Rolls
5. Honey Garlic Dijon Pork Tenderloin Served with Quinoa and Steamed Broccoli
6. Mom’s 20-Minute Red Beans and Rice Served with Steamed Green Beans
7. 12-Minute Steamed Mussels in Garlic and Herb Wine Sauce Served with Side Salad and Crusty Wholegrain Bread or Rolls for Dipping
Don’t forget that you can download a PDF copy of the eCookbook and printable shopping lists for this 14 Day Summer Slim Down Challenge below. The meal plan includes suggestions for side dishes as well, so there’s absolutely no thought necessary on your part. Just print it out and head to the grocery store!
WEEK 2 HEALTHY DINNER RECIPES
8. Hummus and Veggie Flatbread Served Served with Store-Bought Rotisserie Chicken, Grilled Chicken, or Grilled Fish of Choice Recipe from my eCookbook
9. Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Gyros Served with Wholegrain Pita, Tzatziki Sauce, and Fresh Veggies
10. Baked Ham and Cheese Omelet Served with Salad and Fresh Fruit
11. Lazy Day Garlic and Lemon Chicken Served with Wholegrain Pasta and Sauteed Zucchini
12. 4-Ingredient Thai Shrimp Curry Served with Brown Rice recipe exclusive to this meal plan
13. Fast and Fresh Creamy Pasta Primavera (add cooked diced chicken, if desired)
14. Mom’s Easy Marinated Flank Steak Served with Grilled or Roasted Potatoes and Salad
So what do you think? Will you give it a try?
Don’t forget to download your FREE printable recipe book full of 14 Healthy Dinner Recipes, Nutrition Information, and Related Shopping Lists below!