Straightforward banana chocolate muffins made gluten cost-free with oat and corn flour! You make the batter totally in 1 bowl, which signifies less dishes!
Every few weeks, my spouse pesters me to make banana chocolate muffins. It’s funny because I really do not believe he specially likes bananas. I invest in them all the time and in no way at the time have I witnessed him access for 1. Come to believe of it, fruit in basic is just not a element of his repertoire. Be that as it may well, we cook muffins right here just about every at the time in a although.
For these muffins, I’m making use of a mixture of oat and corn flour. I got the notion to add corn flour immediately after looking at my friend Alanna’s cookbook, Alternative Baker. (By the way, if you are searching for a excellent gluten-cost-free cookbook, be positive to verify Alanna’s cookbook!) The corn flour provides the muffins a subtle sweet and nutty flavor, which I beloved.
These muffins are quite filling. Just 1 in the morning keeps me heading for several hours!
MASTERING MY Problems / COOKING NOTES
- Make positive to use massive bananas: I made a batch with medium-sized bananas and my muffins ended up getting very dry. Definitely use massive bananas.
- Flour substitutions: The corn flour I’m making use of right here is finely Bob’s Pink Mill’s corn flour. It’s additional finely ground than their polenta, and it is not masa harina. If corn flour is complicated for you to uncover, change it with yet another one/two cup of oat flour. You can also make this totally with regular flour or full wheat pastry flour, if you are not gluten cost-free. Use a overall of one 3/4 cups of flour, and leave out the tapioca starch. For the reason that oat flour and corn flour are gluten cost-free, I use tapioca starch to enable bind the dough alongside one another so that the muffins really do not slide apart.
- Sugar substitutions: I preferred the mixture of the malty sweet flavors of coconut sugar and bananas. If coconut sugar is complicated to uncover, use brown sugar in its place. I normally really like topping my muffins with a small sprinkle of turbinado sugar to give the muffins a crunch on the major. I think demerara sugar is the exact thing.
Oat & Corn Flour Banana Chocolate Muffins (Gluten Absolutely free)
Keep these muffins in an airtight container at place temperature, and they will be excellent for 5 to six times!
- Prep Time: fifteen minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 25 minutes
- Overall Time: forty minutes
- Yield: 9 Muffins
- 3 massive, ripe bananas (about one one/3 cups mashed)
- one/3 cup simple yogurt
- one/3 cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil (any other vegetable oil performs, far too), additional for greasing muffin pan
- 3/4 cup (85g) coconut sugar
- one massive egg
- one teaspoon vanilla
- one one/4 cups (160g) oat flour
- one/two cup (70g) corn flour
- one tablespoon tapioca flour or starch
- one teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- one/two teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces (115g) bittersweet dark chocolate, chopped
- turbinado sugar for topping (optional)
- oats for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Slide an oven rack into the heart posture.
- In a massive bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Utilizing a picket spoon, combine in the yogurt, almond butter, oil, coconut sugar, egg and vanilla. Go on mixing until finally all the elements are effectively incorporated.
- Increase the oat flour, corn flour, tapioca flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt to the wet batter and stir until finally no dry streaks are noticeable. Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Grease the 9 wells in your muffin pan with oil. You should not need to have significantly additional than one/two teaspoon per effectively. Distribute the batter evenly among the the wells. I like making use of a massive ice product scoop for this.
- Sprinkle a pinch of turbinado sugar and rolled oats on major of the muffins, if you like.
- Bake the muffins for 25 to 28 minutes, until finally the edges are golden brown. Permit the muffins neat in the pan for 5 minutes right before transferring to a cooling rack.
Nourishment Information: Total For each Muffin: Energy: 356, Overall Unwanted fat fifteen.7g, Saturated Unwanted fat: 3.4g, Sodium: 256mg, Cholesterol: 21mg, Overall Carbohydrate: 53g, Nutritional Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 40g, Protein six.3g
- I uncover that mashing bananas with a fork leaves less lumps.
- If you want to adorn the major of your muffins with banana slices, slice off a compact chunk of banana, about one one/4 to one one/two inches long. Lower that banana chunk into skinny slices. Add those slices on major of the stuffed muffin wells right before baking. You will almost certainly need to have a few banana chunks for this.
- Really do not use greek yogurt because there is not sufficient liquid in it.
- If you are making use of chocolate chips, use about two/3 to 3/4 cup of chips.