Purpose: Full body strengthening exercise. Core stability. Shoulder and hip strength.
Position: Sit on right buttock with legs folded over each other to the left. Let the left leg and foot rest in front of the right leg and foot. Let the inner arch of the left foot connect into the mat. Extend the right arm to the right. Place the palm on the mat about 12” from the hip with the fingertips pointing away from the body. Lean on the arm for support. Let the left arm rest along the left side with the hand on the left thigh.
1) Press into the right palm for support. Inhale and let rib cage expand and spine lengthen. Roll the right upper arm bone back in the shoulder socket. Energize right shoulder blade to spine.
2) Squeezing to narrow the hips and thighs. Imagine the right side of the torso as the power centre and pull the torso away from the right arm. Keep squeezing to narrow the hips and thighs and gradually lift pelvis off the floor.
3) Exhale feel the rib cage deflate and the abdominals draw in and up. Continue to lift while lengthening through the crown of the head and tailbone. Squeeze to narrow hips and thighs.
4) Lengthen full so head and ribs and pelvis align. Squeeze to narrow hips and thighs. Arc the left arm to the sky.
5) Inhale rib cage expands and spine lengthens. Start to lower pelvis to floor with control. Keep hip bones and pubic bone facing forward. Continue to lower pelvis with control.
6) Exhale rib cage deflates and abdominals draw in and up. Lower right buttock to floor to finish.
Imagery: Imagine looking to the horizon. Keep the front of the skull in front of the spine and back of the skull behind the spine.
Breath: As described in movement.
Repetitions: 3 sets of 3x’s each side.
What to watch for:
Allow lumbar spine to pull sideways towards sky so hips lift;
Level pelvis and align ribs over it.
Lengthen front and back of spine from crown of head through tailbone.
Allow shoulder blade of the support arm to move as torso lifts off floor.
A Simple But Effective Way To Lose Weight After 30, 40, 50 and Above
Workouts can greatly enhance your weight loss plan. However, if you lack the motivation to stick to your exercise routine, you’re likely to falter and eventually stop working out completely. Find the right exercises that are fun to do and keep you interested. Below are several tips to help you out.
Music is a great addition to any workout. Music will get you moving. Many people find that this response comes naturally. You will feel like you are in a club dancing when listening to music you love, which will make your routine a lot more fun. Doing this dance will be so much fun that you will completely forget about feeling tired. When you need to push yourself just a little bit more while exercising, using music can help you keep going while having fun.
Ask a couple of friends to join you when you go to work out. Think of exercise as a method of socializing. You’ll be having more fun, and your exercise time will fly by. Your friends will keep you engaged with a good conversation, which will keep you from losing focus and allow you to workout longer.
If you want to add a little spice to your exercise routine, consider exercising along with some workout videos. Always remember to mix them up so you don’t get bored. If you find music that inspires you or pumps you up, you can get more energy to continue working out while having fun.
Looking good helps you feel your best. This allows you to be more comfortable when you hit the gym. You should invest in some clothing to work out in that is comfy and that looks good. Be sure that you choose clothing that you like to wear to motivate yourself to go to the gym.
Don’t find yourself falling into the same old work out routine day after day. If you become bored or you don’t see the exercise as being fun any more, then you will be more prone to quit. Mixing things up will help you maintain your enthusiasm. Have multiple music options or learn a completely new routine. Always keep an eye out for a new and interesting workout to add to your exercise routine.
One way to stay motivated with your exercise routine is to treat yourself to fun rewards each time you hit a fitness goal. Your treat to yourself can be something small, just make it count in your eyes. Be certain that your chosen treat is simple to get but something that you love. If you enjoy the reward, then you will be more motivated to keep working towards that next goal.
Exercising can be interesting if you plan it out correctly. There are numerous ways to transform a workout into a fun activity. Keep the following in mind when you plan your workout regimen.