These chili mango snack bars get less than 10 components to make! They’re healthy and quite filling. Terrific as breakfast on-the-go or a pre-exercise session snack!
This is an updated variation of the chili mango snack bars recipe first posted in August 2014. The recipe is now gluten no cost.
When I was younger, I liked consuming individuals chili mango lollipops that you would come across in Mexican grocery retailers. The sweet is shaped like a mango, and it is protected in a layer of chili powder. Plainly, my attraction to spice made at a younger age. Possessing long outgrown the desire to consume lollipops, I made the decision to make a healthier variation of a favored junk foodstuff from my childhood. By chopping up bits of dried mango and incorporating a pinch of pink pepper flakes, these granola bars are a developed-up variation of the chili mango lollipops I liked.
MASTERING MY Issues / COOKING NOTES
- Peanut butter vs. Almond butter: I tried this recipe with peanut butter and almond butter, and I most well-liked the batch manufactured with the latter. I observed the peanut butter overpowered the flavors of the mango.
- Pink pepper flakes: I made the decision to use pink pepper flakes alternatively of chili powder for the recipe mainly because I appreciated the heat coming from the flakes. If you want to attempt the recipe with chili powder, I would substitute 1/4 teaspoon of it for the pink pepper flakes. You may well need to insert a tiny bit additional brown rice syrup to harmony out the sweet and savory flavors.
- SUBSTITUTIONS: I commonly come across brown rice syrup in the baking aisle at my local grocery retailers. If it is challenging for you to come across, use honey alternatively. Do notice that honey is a bit sweeter and stickier than brown rice syrup. The bars will even now taste excellent!
If you make this recipe, let me know how it goes in the opinions! I’d adore to see your creations on Instagram or Twitter – be confident to tag me!
Chili Mango Snack Bars
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 15 minutes
- Overall Time: 50 minutes
- Produce: 10 Bars
- 1 cup (80g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (35g) crispy rice cereal
- 1/two cup (80g) raw almonds
- two/three cup (85g) chopped dried mango
- 1/three cup (60g) pumpkin seeds
- three/4 teaspoon pink pepper flakes
- two/three cup (160ml) brown rice syrup*
- 1/4 cup (65g) almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325ºF (160ºC). Arrange the oven racks to the upper third and lower third place. Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Spread the oats on prime. Pour the almonds on to a pie dish. Location the pie dish in the upper third rack and the oats in the lower third rack. Bake for 10 minutes, then take out the almonds and oats from the oven.
- Line a 8×8 sq. pan with parchment paper. The bars will arrive out of the pan much easier when you line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, mix the oats, cereal, almonds, mango, pumpkin seeds and pink pepper flakes alongside one another.
- In a modest saucepan, heat the brown rice syrup and almond butter more than medium heat. Once the brown rice syrup bubbles, about a moment or two, get started stirring the almond butter and brown rice syrup alongside one another. Lower the heat to low and stir right until you get a smooth sauce. Take away saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the syrup mixture into the bowl with the dry components. Use a wooden spoon to mix every little thing right until nicely integrated.
- Empty every little thing into the well prepared baking pan. Making use of a sheet of parchment or wax paper, push and unfold the oat mixture evenly in the course of the pan. The parchment paper keeps the oats and nuts from sticking to your hand. Press down on the oat mixture so that it is fairly tightly packed.
- Permit every little thing neat for thirty minutes in advance of slicing into 10 bars. Keep in an airtight container.
Nourishment Data: Yields 10 bars. Sum per bar: Energy: 219, Overall Body fat 8.5g, Saturated Body fat: 1g, Sodium: 4.6mg, Cholesterol: 0mg, Overall Carbohydrate: 33.5g, Dietary Fiber: 3g, Sugar: seventeen.6g, Protein 5g
- *If brown rice syrup is challenging to come across, use honey alternatively. Maple syrup doesn’t perform as nicely mainly because it is not sticky plenty of to hold the components alongside one another.
- Use 1/two teaspoon pink pepper flakes if you want less heat.